Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Quick Update: Test Results

Recently had an EMG test done on my arms to see if Dr. Riew's prediction of the cause of my numb hands was accurate.  He was spot on as the results show ulnar neuropathy.  The ulnar nerve is being pinched in my elbows.  Thank God the issue isn't in the thoracic; no rib removal required!  :)  The treatment will be PT and splinting of my elbows.  I'm quite happy to know the source of the hand issue; especially that I don't need more surgery!

Some other updates, I tested positive for:
Jaw Jerk - I need to get clarification on this.

Hoffman's Sign - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoffmann%27s_sign

Romberg's Test - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romberg's_test
This means my balance issues now have a name.

I'm still waiting to get an EMG on my legs to see if, once again, Dr. Riew's prediction of the cause of numbness in my feet and right leg are being caused by a pinched nerve in my lumbar.

How strange that my neuro has yet to respond to Dr. Riew's report that shows none of her (neuro's) predictions that all my issues are directly tied to my cervical are accurate.

Looking forward to closing the chapter on all this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment