Monday, October 31, 2011

Just Keep Walking, Just Keep Walking!

My walking routine has improved a lot since I'm now able to walk 3.5 miles in 1 hour.  I would think that walking 14 - 17 miles per week would make me lose weight, but not so.  One of Forteo's side effects is weight gain and I've gained 9 pounds since Aug; I was 133# in July.  So at what I thought was my usual height of 5'10" at 133#, I was told by all my docs that I need to gain weight before the surgery.  Forteo's just helping me along.  

I'm getting much better with the Forteo injections, very little bruising.  Before every injection I pray that God bless my bones to grow stronger with the medicine so I have a successful surgery.  I continue to pray for a new surgery date before Aug 1st.  

Warmly,
Doreen

No comments:

Post a Comment