Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I Must be Dreaming!

We received the call today from Dr. Lenke's nurse that we can go home tomorrow!!!!!!  I'm over the moon!  We'll start packing today and Jeremy will load up the car tonite.  Tomorrow morning I will get my hair washed and dried at the hospital's salon because I don't have the strength to do that right now.  Jeremy and I have missed Lizzie terribly but are so happy that she's had such fun with her friends and my folks.  Our goal is to drive halfway tomorrow to Clarksville, TN, but we'll need to stop every hour so I can get out to walk and stretch. 

What a remarkable journey this has been.  It is true what veteran scoli surgical paitents say, every day is a bit better than the day before.  This is a short update since we've got a lot to do before we leave tomorrow.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Warmly,
Doreen

2 comments: