Friday, March 8, 2013

Good Grief!!!

Yesterday was a very exciting day because I finally got my bow set up with the d-loop, peep sight, arrow rest and sight with scope.  I'm feeling really good that the draw weight was set to 26#.  It felt great drawing the bow and I was happy I had built up the strength to pull it.  How horrible would it have been if I wasn't able to draw?  Shortly before leaving the shop, the tech guy said, "Because your draw weight is set so light, there is a very small chance the string can pop off."  I asked, "How much of a chance exactly?"  "Probably never," he said.

This morning I'm practicing drawing my bow (I need to order arrows so I won't be shooting for a couple more weeks) with my Flip vid because I want to see what it looks like.



After a few draws, I notice the peep sight is rotating and I can no longer see through it.  How odd; I'll be sure to show this to GRIV when I have a lesson with him.  Right after I shot this vid, I drew one more time and POW! The string jumped off the cams.  :(  I'm SOOO bummed.  Sigh.  Back to Snellville I go.  At least my scapula moved.


No comments:

Post a Comment