Monday, March 11, 2013

Making Progress

I was able to get my bow fixed which was a big relief!  My draw weight is currently set at 26# on a 30#-40# bow until I get stronger which means there is some slack on the string being set so light.  I was at the end of my drawing practice when my bow arm fatigued.  As I was letting down my draw, my bow arm started to shake which tilted the bow and resulted in the string popping off.  I'll order arrows this week and plan to have a shooting lesson with GRIV in a couple of weeks. 

My weight training has been good and I've increased my weights from #10 to #15 and introduced a pec exercise on the machine.

Current training:
Lat Pull Down: x3 sets, 10 reps, #15
Seated Rows: x3 sets, 10 reps, #15
Pecs: x1 set, 10 reps, #5
Lunges: x10 on each leg
Therabands: prescribed exercises
Drawing bow until arrows arrive and I can actually shoot

Shot a vid today so I can see what my pull downs look like:
 
Despite trying to pinch my shoulder blades together, it doesn't look like I accomplished that movement yet.  At least I know what my starting point looks like.  It will be interesting to see how things change/improve a few months from now.

I'm getting excited about my classification appointment next week.  Lizzie will be shooting at the NFAA tourney this weekend.  I've heard this is a fun shoot and usually has a big turnout of about 1,200 archers.

We are looking forward to shooting with Kennesaw Archery Club when they move back to the outdoor range in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment