Monday, March 25, 2013

Bull's Eye!

I finally shot my bow last week and am SO incredibly excited!  My shots were spot-on with great groupings:






Coach Jim measured the draw weight and let-off weight which turned out to be heavier than what I thought.  DW = 28.9#, LO = 7.7#.  So happy I've built the strength to comfortably draw at this weight.  It's hard to believe that just last September I was unable to move the string, much less draw on Lizzie's bow which is 22#!

My new arrows arrive this week; who knew that I would be excited about selecting the colors for my fletching.  How silly!  I'll post pix when they arrive.

I'm looking forward to shooting outside when the weather warms up.  It's still too cold for me to shoot outside and try not to shiver.  I've had my eye on a battery operated vest that can provide heat for up to 10 hours.  The problem with layering to shoot is, if the layers are too thick, I won't be able to get into proper position.  I'll figure out a solution.

My training is coming along great and am up to 15# on my exercises having started @ 5#.  I'm giving myself one more week of training at 15# and then bump it up to 20# next week.  Dr. Lenke prescribed PT massage which I'll start soon now that I'm shooting.  Jeremy helps me with massage but he's looking forward to a little bit of a break since I need massage more frequently now.

I'm really curious to see how I'm shooting at the end of the outdoor season. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment